Skip to main content

6-23-13 Family In Town

So life huh... This week started out with a great run and going hiking, but then family on vacation caught up to me. My mom came into town on Wednesday, and my brother and his family on Thursday. It's not often I get to see them, but it was really good to see them. I remembered how much I miss hanging out with my brother and his family.

I had plenty of opportunities this week to get in my other two runs I needed to, but I didn't do them. I will be doing four runs this week to get myself on schedule again.

Monday 7:00 am - 7:30 am
• 5 minute run / 5 minute walk (x3)

Wednesday 7:00 am - 7:30 am
• 5 minute run / 5 minute walk (x3)

Thursday 7:00 am - 7:30 am
• 10 minute run / 5 minute walk (x2)

Saturday 7:00 am - 7:30 am
• 10 minute run / 5 minute walk (x2)

I have decided that I am going to change to a 4 day a week program that will be consistently 4 days a week. I decided this because I want to have a consistent training schedule that I  will be able to maintain when school starts again in the fall.

Something great that my brother and I worked out was where I was going to go running when I head to St. Louis & Indianapolis this August for GenCon. The YMCA in Missouri and out hotel has a fitness center in Indianapolis.

Comments

  1. Riley maybe do more intervals, it might be to hard to go 5 and 5 when I start my training for runs I go 3x3 intervals than move to 4x2 intervals than 6x1 and hold that pace on my long runs obviously the short runs I try to just run out short being 3 -7 milers. Good luck man

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give it a shot with my run tomorrow.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No Run Today

Today was impacted by a late night last night and no baby sitter this morning. So I didn't make it out to run. I will be doing a 4 run week next week to make up for it. So run Monday, Tuesday, Strength training Wednesday, run Thursday, and run Saturday. Thanks for reading. -Riley

12-2-13 Mental Health Run

Today was one of those runs that I needed to de-junk my brain. The junk builds up almost always when I have a critique at school that doesn't go in the slightest bit favorable. I am frustrated with my art right now. And having a marathon this Saturday doesn't bode well for time. Next week I have 3 big assignments due... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Well onto my run recap. It was really short. I counted my cadence, which is around 160 at my long distance running speed. Apparently the ideal is 180. The ideal meaning that the body runs at that speed the best (or something like that). I figured it out by counting the strikes of my right foot over a minute. When I pushed myself to 180 I was going at the pace I did for my run last Thursday. It took the run today to get my head in order. I will be able to keep things in order upstairs a little better. Well thanks for reading, -Riley

More in the Tank

Today I did not want to get out and put in my time. I intended on doing my 20% workout today but ended up just doing my regularly scheduled workout. I did 5 sets of 3 minutes of running and 2 minutes of walking. I could keep my heart rate down more which was excellent, and I still finished with the same distance as the past couple of runs. As I finished my time, I realized I had it in me to go further. But I knew my 30 minutes was up and it was time to stop and go and use the restroom. I pondered having some energy left in the tank for a bit and decided it's better to have that than be completely spent on my day off where I need to get some homework done.  I did experience what I used to when I ran years ago, the first mile sucked. I got to the 3/4 mile point and almost went home. My ankles hurt, my legs hurt, and I was tired. But I decided to keep going, and I'm glad I did. Today's run feels good now. It was shortly after the 3/4 mile mark that things started to feel bette