Skip to main content

7-6-2013

today was another good day when it comes to running. I really feel as if I pushed myself. It was really nice. These past two runs have felt like I have really started to prove. But unfortunately it's not at the same pace as my training schedule. I am hoping by the time I get to the end of my pre-training that I am able to run the continuous 30 minutes, right now I am right around 8 (which is quite the accomplishment.

I have struggled with breath control the past two runs, at the same time I have pushed myself harder than I had previously. Yesterday I was craving the feeling I had Wednesday after my run. Even now I think I could have pushed harder today.

It's happened two runs in a row, I started to get a side stitch, on one side then it starts on the other side a little later. It was a bit of a pain, literally and figuratively. I looked up what it is believed they are caused from and concluded I still don't like them.

Right now I am running in a pair of size 12.5 Altra Instincts, I love the shoes! But I know I will need to get a slightly larger size as I run longer and longer amounts of time. So I have been using Runners World shoe finder guide to look at shoes, as well as frequent the local running store (The Runner's Corner in Orem). I am torn between 4 shoes right now, the Altra Instinct 1.5 the new version of what i have now, Altra Provision 1.5 with a stability wedge, Altra Torin with a little more cushion than I have now, or the Mizuno Wave Rider 16 which just has a good feel to it that's similar to the Altra's, but are shaped differently. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great!

thanks for reading,
Riley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No Run Today

Today was impacted by a late night last night and no baby sitter this morning. So I didn't make it out to run. I will be doing a 4 run week next week to make up for it. So run Monday, Tuesday, Strength training Wednesday, run Thursday, and run Saturday. Thanks for reading. -Riley

More in the Tank

Today I did not want to get out and put in my time. I intended on doing my 20% workout today but ended up just doing my regularly scheduled workout. I did 5 sets of 3 minutes of running and 2 minutes of walking. I could keep my heart rate down more which was excellent, and I still finished with the same distance as the past couple of runs. As I finished my time, I realized I had it in me to go further. But I knew my 30 minutes was up and it was time to stop and go and use the restroom. I pondered having some energy left in the tank for a bit and decided it's better to have that than be completely spent on my day off where I need to get some homework done.  I did experience what I used to when I ran years ago, the first mile sucked. I got to the 3/4 mile point and almost went home. My ankles hurt, my legs hurt, and I was tired. But I decided to keep going, and I'm glad I did. Today's run feels good now. It was shortly after the 3/4 mile mark that things started to feel bette

12-2-13 Mental Health Run

Today was one of those runs that I needed to de-junk my brain. The junk builds up almost always when I have a critique at school that doesn't go in the slightest bit favorable. I am frustrated with my art right now. And having a marathon this Saturday doesn't bode well for time. Next week I have 3 big assignments due... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Well onto my run recap. It was really short. I counted my cadence, which is around 160 at my long distance running speed. Apparently the ideal is 180. The ideal meaning that the body runs at that speed the best (or something like that). I figured it out by counting the strikes of my right foot over a minute. When I pushed myself to 180 I was going at the pace I did for my run last Thursday. It took the run today to get my head in order. I will be able to keep things in order upstairs a little better. Well thanks for reading, -Riley