Skip to main content

7-8-13 2 miles in under 30 minutes

Today I fought with myself, it was a tooth and nail battle with me... but my determination to run a marathon won out and my determination to beat my running time from Saturday is what spurred me on.

It was a great day for the gym, and I am so happy I went. I was being stubborn and didn't make it until 7:00pm. So on the TV's in front of me I WWE, How I Met Your Mother, and Family Guy, while listening to Dresden Files Blood Rites.

So why was today great? I ran a mile in under 13 min, that was having the treadmill set at 5 which is around a 12 minute mile. I took a 1 minute rest at the 10 min mark, and kept running, then my next mile was 14 min 45 sec mile. So a total of 27 minutes for the run. I was able to catch my breath at around 8 minutes. So my breathing problems start to resolve itself.

I want to yell "HELL YEAH!" in the gym for my own victory. I look forward to my run on Wednesday (at least right now).

My goal for the end of the week is to get a 15 non stop of a run. So that would mean running over a mile non-stop, which is my first milestone. I am really close right and want to seal the deal either Wednesday or Thursday. This weekend I will do my first 3 miles. By August 3rd I will be hitting around 30 minutes of nonstop running.

After last Wednesday, my runs have gotten better and I smile thinking about them.

Good Luck,
Riley

Comments

  1. Keep on smiling Riley... You. Are. Doing. It. (So proud of you!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No Run Today

Today was impacted by a late night last night and no baby sitter this morning. So I didn't make it out to run. I will be doing a 4 run week next week to make up for it. So run Monday, Tuesday, Strength training Wednesday, run Thursday, and run Saturday. Thanks for reading. -Riley

More in the Tank

Today I did not want to get out and put in my time. I intended on doing my 20% workout today but ended up just doing my regularly scheduled workout. I did 5 sets of 3 minutes of running and 2 minutes of walking. I could keep my heart rate down more which was excellent, and I still finished with the same distance as the past couple of runs. As I finished my time, I realized I had it in me to go further. But I knew my 30 minutes was up and it was time to stop and go and use the restroom. I pondered having some energy left in the tank for a bit and decided it's better to have that than be completely spent on my day off where I need to get some homework done.  I did experience what I used to when I ran years ago, the first mile sucked. I got to the 3/4 mile point and almost went home. My ankles hurt, my legs hurt, and I was tired. But I decided to keep going, and I'm glad I did. Today's run feels good now. It was shortly after the 3/4 mile mark that things started to feel bette

12-2-13 Mental Health Run

Today was one of those runs that I needed to de-junk my brain. The junk builds up almost always when I have a critique at school that doesn't go in the slightest bit favorable. I am frustrated with my art right now. And having a marathon this Saturday doesn't bode well for time. Next week I have 3 big assignments due... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Well onto my run recap. It was really short. I counted my cadence, which is around 160 at my long distance running speed. Apparently the ideal is 180. The ideal meaning that the body runs at that speed the best (or something like that). I figured it out by counting the strikes of my right foot over a minute. When I pushed myself to 180 I was going at the pace I did for my run last Thursday. It took the run today to get my head in order. I will be able to keep things in order upstairs a little better. Well thanks for reading, -Riley