Skip to main content

10-10-13 I remembered what I was going to write for my last paragraph yesterday

KTTape, I have to shave the area I am going to use it (of course it's silky smooth) and then apply with the right tension to each piece. I believe I messed up my first application of it, so I will try again on Saturday. My short run was the best pace I have done all week, but I was also in some of the most discomfort with this IT band issue. I will be going back to stripping it here in a few minutes. Have I mentioned I'm not a fan of Treadmills anymore? I should have headed out in the rain today and tried out my gloves ($12 on clearance at Sports Authority, last season $30. I also picked up my costume for the Provo Halloween Half Marathon, my Batman Technical Shirt, I won't be sporting a cape and cowl. I also decided I am going to save some money and buy the larger container of Hammer Gel.

Right now my long distance run is over 16 min. I am sticking with that it's due to my IT band not listening to me, and being super tight. I need to get it down to under 15 minutes, I would like to get it down in the 13 minute area where my mid range and short runs have been. But enough of those ramblings and time for the ramblings from yesterday.

--------------------------------------------

So I have been thinking of what I will do after I run my marathon. I plan to keep this up to date and keep running, but The title will change again. Maybe to something like "Fartlek's: My Journey" or "Gel's They're What's for Dinner" it's a work in progress.

Of course I want to get fast now but will settle for faster. So my goal after I run my marathon is to work on increasing my speed and losing weight specifically. I will have to change up training methods to accomplish that. So here are a list of runs I would like to do in 2014 that will help with this. I would also like to try trail running at least one race. This will change depending on how much I like my marathon.

2014 Schedule
December - March
Start new training schedule with Fartlek's and other speed related things
April 
Salt Lake City Marathon
May
Train for Ragnar (if doing it) otherwise gear up for another marathon
June
Ragnar (Maybe)
Utah Valley Marathon or Bear Lake Marathon
July
Canyon to Canyon 13.1 Trail Run
August
Wasatch Wellness Run 5k or 10k
September
St. George Marathon
October
Provo Halloween Half
November
Tankful 13 5k
December
Tri-State Marathon

Well, until Saturday.
-Riley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No Run Today

Today was impacted by a late night last night and no baby sitter this morning. So I didn't make it out to run. I will be doing a 4 run week next week to make up for it. So run Monday, Tuesday, Strength training Wednesday, run Thursday, and run Saturday. Thanks for reading. -Riley

12-2-13 Mental Health Run

Today was one of those runs that I needed to de-junk my brain. The junk builds up almost always when I have a critique at school that doesn't go in the slightest bit favorable. I am frustrated with my art right now. And having a marathon this Saturday doesn't bode well for time. Next week I have 3 big assignments due... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Well onto my run recap. It was really short. I counted my cadence, which is around 160 at my long distance running speed. Apparently the ideal is 180. The ideal meaning that the body runs at that speed the best (or something like that). I figured it out by counting the strikes of my right foot over a minute. When I pushed myself to 180 I was going at the pace I did for my run last Thursday. It took the run today to get my head in order. I will be able to keep things in order upstairs a little better. Well thanks for reading, -Riley

More in the Tank

Today I did not want to get out and put in my time. I intended on doing my 20% workout today but ended up just doing my regularly scheduled workout. I did 5 sets of 3 minutes of running and 2 minutes of walking. I could keep my heart rate down more which was excellent, and I still finished with the same distance as the past couple of runs. As I finished my time, I realized I had it in me to go further. But I knew my 30 minutes was up and it was time to stop and go and use the restroom. I pondered having some energy left in the tank for a bit and decided it's better to have that than be completely spent on my day off where I need to get some homework done.  I did experience what I used to when I ran years ago, the first mile sucked. I got to the 3/4 mile point and almost went home. My ankles hurt, my legs hurt, and I was tired. But I decided to keep going, and I'm glad I did. Today's run feels good now. It was shortly after the 3/4 mile mark that things started to feel bette