Skip to main content

11-19-13 Tapering day 1

Black Torins: 189.64

So today I had a hard time getting out. Since I had a late night out with some friends last night it made it a necessity to get out to do my 5 miler tonight. Tomorrow I will be getting my 8 miles in, then Friday I will do 5 miles and 9 miles Saturday. I will keep up with speed drills for the end of my run on Friday. Why am I doing speed drills you may ask, because I need to run faster. If you look back at my post announcing that I would be running Tri-State marathon you will notice I chose it partially because of the time cut off of 6:30:00. I was on the site on Sunday and looked at the time information, namely the cut off time. It was changed to 6:00:00. So I have been in a freak-out since then. I figured if I could get my speed drills in, it would be slight push in the direction of finishing faster. I have no idea if this will work or not, but I will prepare to run this marathon to the best of my ability, I have decided I will do all I can to finish this race in the amount of time I have.

I have been using the Jeff Galloway website to gauge my time. When it comes to the magic mile I am using my PR time 00:10:55 and am getting really close to accurate times on my training. My previous PR of 00:11:55 gave me an almost dead on time for my half marathon. So if I keep pushing this last little while I just may have a chance to finish it.

Now that I have vented, i think I can move on to a new topic. I keep losing girth, which is good. I will post my numbers a few days before the race. Also take a look at the countdown clock... just over two weeks to go. If you are reading this and are a praying person, please keep me in your prayers.

Thanks for reading,
Riley



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No Run Today

Today was impacted by a late night last night and no baby sitter this morning. So I didn't make it out to run. I will be doing a 4 run week next week to make up for it. So run Monday, Tuesday, Strength training Wednesday, run Thursday, and run Saturday. Thanks for reading. -Riley

12-2-13 Mental Health Run

Today was one of those runs that I needed to de-junk my brain. The junk builds up almost always when I have a critique at school that doesn't go in the slightest bit favorable. I am frustrated with my art right now. And having a marathon this Saturday doesn't bode well for time. Next week I have 3 big assignments due... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Well onto my run recap. It was really short. I counted my cadence, which is around 160 at my long distance running speed. Apparently the ideal is 180. The ideal meaning that the body runs at that speed the best (or something like that). I figured it out by counting the strikes of my right foot over a minute. When I pushed myself to 180 I was going at the pace I did for my run last Thursday. It took the run today to get my head in order. I will be able to keep things in order upstairs a little better. Well thanks for reading, -Riley

More in the Tank

Today I did not want to get out and put in my time. I intended on doing my 20% workout today but ended up just doing my regularly scheduled workout. I did 5 sets of 3 minutes of running and 2 minutes of walking. I could keep my heart rate down more which was excellent, and I still finished with the same distance as the past couple of runs. As I finished my time, I realized I had it in me to go further. But I knew my 30 minutes was up and it was time to stop and go and use the restroom. I pondered having some energy left in the tank for a bit and decided it's better to have that than be completely spent on my day off where I need to get some homework done.  I did experience what I used to when I ran years ago, the first mile sucked. I got to the 3/4 mile point and almost went home. My ankles hurt, my legs hurt, and I was tired. But I decided to keep going, and I'm glad I did. Today's run feels good now. It was shortly after the 3/4 mile mark that things started to feel bette