Skip to main content

Yesterday and today 6/6/13 -6/7/13

I've started to look at various training guides for a marathon, and am looking at other cooler temperature races to run. With Willcox, Az being in the lower to mid 80's to day of the race and the distance of travel to get there, I was thinking I should change which race I will run. As soon as I decide which race I am running, I will register, pay for it, and post it.

Yesterday I made it to the gym for the second time. I even went as far as riding my bike the mile to get there. Tat nasty brain of mine got in the way again... I was able to run/walk for 36 min, make an 18 minute mile. I need to be around 15 to really start training. But idid discover that my fast walking pace done in a slow run was easier of my legs.

I ask myself daily, "what am I getting myself into here?" But the answer is always the same, "I really just don't know yet."

So diet is what I am going to ramble about right now, and meal suggestion I can start working eating (that isn't pasta) would be great. My body and Italian style pasta don't like to work well with one another. Also right now I am coming off of soda, I think I need something that's sweet to replace it, but I'm not sure what. By sweet I don't mean another sugar filled replacement. Again, I'll keep everyone apprised of my situation. I've also started to (sporadically) use a of do journal, I forget a lot. I'm going to work harder at it.

 It's been one month today since I've decided to run this Marathon. It's been a challenging month, and I think the summer ahead will provide more challenges. Thanks for reading!

Comments

  1. Hi Riley -- Good for you! I'm proud of you for doing what you are doing! A few months ago I swicthed to the Dr. Joel Furhman eating plan - Eat to Live is the book that describes the plan. And, it has been an amazing plan for me and many others. Have a lot more energy, seems to crave healthy foods (that's a change!), feel full and satisfied, the lbs. are dropping off, and Furhman is a runner so he gets what you are doing :) You might check it out ... www.drfurhman.com ... The best to you!! I'm following your blog and sending the best of wishes your way for lot of success!! -- Christy Oakeson

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can also check out youtube for Dr. Furhman videos if you are interested :) I initially learned a lot through youtube but since I've seen him on Dr. Oz and other programs. Interesting guy! Good luck again!! -- Christy Oakeson

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No Run Today

Today was impacted by a late night last night and no baby sitter this morning. So I didn't make it out to run. I will be doing a 4 run week next week to make up for it. So run Monday, Tuesday, Strength training Wednesday, run Thursday, and run Saturday. Thanks for reading. -Riley

12-2-13 Mental Health Run

Today was one of those runs that I needed to de-junk my brain. The junk builds up almost always when I have a critique at school that doesn't go in the slightest bit favorable. I am frustrated with my art right now. And having a marathon this Saturday doesn't bode well for time. Next week I have 3 big assignments due... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Well onto my run recap. It was really short. I counted my cadence, which is around 160 at my long distance running speed. Apparently the ideal is 180. The ideal meaning that the body runs at that speed the best (or something like that). I figured it out by counting the strikes of my right foot over a minute. When I pushed myself to 180 I was going at the pace I did for my run last Thursday. It took the run today to get my head in order. I will be able to keep things in order upstairs a little better. Well thanks for reading, -Riley

More in the Tank

Today I did not want to get out and put in my time. I intended on doing my 20% workout today but ended up just doing my regularly scheduled workout. I did 5 sets of 3 minutes of running and 2 minutes of walking. I could keep my heart rate down more which was excellent, and I still finished with the same distance as the past couple of runs. As I finished my time, I realized I had it in me to go further. But I knew my 30 minutes was up and it was time to stop and go and use the restroom. I pondered having some energy left in the tank for a bit and decided it's better to have that than be completely spent on my day off where I need to get some homework done.  I did experience what I used to when I ran years ago, the first mile sucked. I got to the 3/4 mile point and almost went home. My ankles hurt, my legs hurt, and I was tired. But I decided to keep going, and I'm glad I did. Today's run feels good now. It was shortly after the 3/4 mile mark that things started to feel bette