Skip to main content

Over Sleeping and a Busy Weekend

Before the Run

It's been a busy couple of days, and I couldn't get myself out of bed the past two to get anything done. My intention was to wake up early yesterday and get my run in... then my intention was to get my run in after my doctor appointment... then my intention was to get my run in after work... then my intentions were to run this morning while it was cool... intentions didn't make it happen. I couldn't get myself up to run in the morning, my doctor appointment went for over an hour longer than it should have, and I just couldn't bring myself to go out and run in the evening. Then there was a repeat of not getting out of bed this morning.

Today's run and my run tomorrow will both be easier runs because the race is on Tuesday. I'm a little anxious about it. I have Monday off of work and will go get our packets for Tuesday then. It's going to be a busy weekend. I also need to wash my running clothes tomorrow or Sunday (probably Sunday).

After the Run

Another hot run. I made it through half of my workout (1.36 miles). I'm proud I did that much. Next time I run in the heat I will take it slower than I did. Maybe that will help with the breathing in hot air so quickly and allow me to last longer. By the time I was done with my 5 minute walking warmup, I was sweating really bad. That typically hasn't been happening until I'm around 3/4 of a mile into the run. Tomorrow I will go out again (in the morning this time) and do the same scheduled workout. I think that will put me in a good place for the race on Tuesday. That's going to be it for today, I'm going to eat some lunch.

Thanks for reading.

-Riley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No Run Today

Today was impacted by a late night last night and no baby sitter this morning. So I didn't make it out to run. I will be doing a 4 run week next week to make up for it. So run Monday, Tuesday, Strength training Wednesday, run Thursday, and run Saturday. Thanks for reading. -Riley

12-2-13 Mental Health Run

Today was one of those runs that I needed to de-junk my brain. The junk builds up almost always when I have a critique at school that doesn't go in the slightest bit favorable. I am frustrated with my art right now. And having a marathon this Saturday doesn't bode well for time. Next week I have 3 big assignments due... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Well onto my run recap. It was really short. I counted my cadence, which is around 160 at my long distance running speed. Apparently the ideal is 180. The ideal meaning that the body runs at that speed the best (or something like that). I figured it out by counting the strikes of my right foot over a minute. When I pushed myself to 180 I was going at the pace I did for my run last Thursday. It took the run today to get my head in order. I will be able to keep things in order upstairs a little better. Well thanks for reading, -Riley

More in the Tank

Today I did not want to get out and put in my time. I intended on doing my 20% workout today but ended up just doing my regularly scheduled workout. I did 5 sets of 3 minutes of running and 2 minutes of walking. I could keep my heart rate down more which was excellent, and I still finished with the same distance as the past couple of runs. As I finished my time, I realized I had it in me to go further. But I knew my 30 minutes was up and it was time to stop and go and use the restroom. I pondered having some energy left in the tank for a bit and decided it's better to have that than be completely spent on my day off where I need to get some homework done.  I did experience what I used to when I ran years ago, the first mile sucked. I got to the 3/4 mile point and almost went home. My ankles hurt, my legs hurt, and I was tired. But I decided to keep going, and I'm glad I did. Today's run feels good now. It was shortly after the 3/4 mile mark that things started to feel bette