Starting Yesterday the Off Season Strengthening

Yesterday started my off season training to get ready for training for my next goal race in March (Running From Yeti). My three goals for the next couple of months are to be consistent, get stronger, and get my nutrition hammered out. Those are three goals that need to be better defined.

Be Consistent: I will follow my scheduled workouts throughout the week. Or if not my scheduled workout something for at least 20 minutes.

Sun: Recovery
Mon: Strength
Tues: 30 - 40 minute run
Wed: Strength/Stationary Bike
Thurs: Easy low effort run
Fri: Mobility/Rest Day
Sat: 60 - 90 minute run

Get Stronger: Do 2 days of body weight strength training and 1 day of stationary bike for cardio.

Get my Nutrition Hammered Out: Start meal prepping easy healthy means Saturdays after grocery shopping. Also limit eating out to once a week.

I think each could use some further exploration on what accomplishing the goal looks like, making them SMART goals would be a good way to do that. What is important to me today is to write them out so they exist at least digitally.

I will be starting today to do a walk run mix for my entire run and not worry about heart rate on Tuesdays and Saturdays. It will go back to getting stronger.

Just wanted to get these thoughts down. 

Thanks for reading.

-Riley


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12-5-13 High of 45 and a Chance of Snow

6-23-13 Family In Town

6-14-13 Stinkin Thinkin can kill