Skip to main content

7-3-2013 COTTON SUCKS!!!

So I went running today (just finished a few minutes ago). I was procrastinating running when I knew I needed to do it. So I put on my breathable shorts, my running socks, my runing shoes and thought, hey I will just keep the shirt I have on and go running it won't don anything to me. I was wrong, I have a cotton shirt and cotton under shirt, if I was looking to gain wait through keeping all of my sweat after running I succeeded.

Lesson Learned Today: Change into your running clothes before you decide to run!

The good of the day:
• I set a new PR at a 13 min mile.
• I love running socks (thanks Kate for suggesting them)!
• Feel good after my work out, so good I am going to go take a shower in 5 minutes.
• I made it to the gym

The less good of the day
• I did PR on my first mile, but my second was lacking. I lost control of my breath and wasn't able to regain it.
• I am still under 10 minutes for consecutive run time (acording to my schedule I should be hitting 15 minutes right now).
• I sweat a lot, and did profusely at a job interview today.

The goods out weight the bad, so today is a god day!

Thanks for reading.

-Riley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More in the Tank

Today I did not want to get out and put in my time. I intended on doing my 20% workout today but ended up just doing my regularly scheduled workout. I did 5 sets of 3 minutes of running and 2 minutes of walking. I could keep my heart rate down more which was excellent, and I still finished with the same distance as the past couple of runs. As I finished my time, I realized I had it in me to go further. But I knew my 30 minutes was up and it was time to stop and go and use the restroom. I pondered having some energy left in the tank for a bit and decided it's better to have that than be completely spent on my day off where I need to get some homework done.  I did experience what I used to when I ran years ago, the first mile sucked. I got to the 3/4 mile point and almost went home. My ankles hurt, my legs hurt, and I was tired. But I decided to keep going, and I'm glad I did. Today's run feels good now. It was shortly after the 3/4 mile mark that things started to feel bette

No Run Today

Today was impacted by a late night last night and no baby sitter this morning. So I didn't make it out to run. I will be doing a 4 run week next week to make up for it. So run Monday, Tuesday, Strength training Wednesday, run Thursday, and run Saturday. Thanks for reading. -Riley

12-2-13 Mental Health Run

Today was one of those runs that I needed to de-junk my brain. The junk builds up almost always when I have a critique at school that doesn't go in the slightest bit favorable. I am frustrated with my art right now. And having a marathon this Saturday doesn't bode well for time. Next week I have 3 big assignments due... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Well onto my run recap. It was really short. I counted my cadence, which is around 160 at my long distance running speed. Apparently the ideal is 180. The ideal meaning that the body runs at that speed the best (or something like that). I figured it out by counting the strikes of my right foot over a minute. When I pushed myself to 180 I was going at the pace I did for my run last Thursday. It took the run today to get my head in order. I will be able to keep things in order upstairs a little better. Well thanks for reading, -Riley