Back in the Swing of Things (8/14)

Before the Run

It's been a little bit since I last went running or posted anything. I did go on vacation and did a lot of walking during thst. Last week I missed due to increased anxiety when it came time to get out. But it's a new week and I'm getting back into it. I have a 40 minute easy run today. Then tomorrow will be speed/tempo work at race pace to high intensity, Thursday a medium intensity run, and Saturday will be 4 miles at medium intensity.

I did go to the running store last Wednesday and picked up 2 running shirts, they had my size, which shocked me. I had $35 dollars in discounts so they only cost my $19. It'll be nice to have 2 light weight running shirts. One is long sleeved so I won't be sporting that until it's a little cooler. The draw back is that they're both black shirts. I wish they would make big and tall running clothes in lighter colors. I heat up enough without wearing black on top of it. They did find a tank top in my size in red but I passed on it.

Post Run

It's the day after, and I made it out. I focused on sticking within Zone 2, and followed the promptings on my watch to stick to it. My watch predicted my distance which is kinda annoying, I'll show that watch I can run faster than it predicts some day!

It was a slow run (as per the training schedule). I think it was a little slower also because it's been a while since I've been out with intentions of running. It was good to get out and not be passed up by the older gentleman who was walking behind me at one point. I ran on the running/bike path near my house, most of the first mile was uphill, while the return was mostly down hill. It was a night evening to run, high 70's low 80's. Today it's not supposed to break 80° so tonight's tempo run should be nice.

It's time for work. Thanks for reading.

-Riley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12-5-13 High of 45 and a Chance of Snow

6-23-13 Family In Town

6-14-13 Stinkin Thinkin can kill