MO' Cowbell Half Marathon October 6th

 In roughly 12 days I will be running(ish) my first half marathon since 2013. I have been training for it since May. It's been a different style of training than I've committed to before. So I am trusting the process. It's been heart rate training, like I was supposed to do for last years MO' Cowbell, but I have stuck with it and will actually be doing the race. I've tried my hardest to stay in a lower heart rate zone to build endurance and an aerobic base. Staying in that range has been near impossible, but I am confident I will finish the race.

My longest outing was 10 miles, I did it on a mild night after a long day. So it took longer than I wanted but I got it done. It also spurred the purchase of new shoes that I will be breaking in this week (all reviews of the shoes have said they really don't need to be broken in). I will be sporting a pair of Brooks Ghost Max for the race. I decided I needed a thicker sole because of my size. I've struggled to lose weight training this time. After the MO' Cowbell that's going to be my focus. I need to lose this weight. Especially since I plan on running more races and don't want to have to fight my weight as I run. But the weight issue is a post for another time. 

I'm not sure how consistently I'll be posting on here, but wanted to give an update. I'm getting out and doing the work again, which I'm happy about. 

Thanks for reading!

-Riley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12-5-13 High of 45 and a Chance of Snow

6-23-13 Family In Town

6-14-13 Stinkin Thinkin can kill